Thursday, August 30, 2012

Inpiration is back on track

I remember the day when I read this post on 965malls blog and was told to email my number and possibly get a chance to meet the blogger. Well that day came by so quickly and it was a great day indeed. The location was at Nestle Marina Mall for coffee and we both arrived at the same time. Usually it is difficult to socialize in Kuwait as everyone is so focused with their family and friends and their immediate circle that usually it doesn't allow mingling with others especially strangers. We aren't in the US or UK where you can meet someone at the Pub either. Work also is another factor that takes up most of our valuable time. Nowadays we spend life more on our smartphones then with people and doing what we don't rather then what makes us happy but that is for another post another day. Anyways, I was a bit nervous at first but I decided to just be myself and it turned out to be a fascinating day. Sometimes we just need to take the time and get to know the people around us literally and you never know what can happen. It was an honor and a pleasure to meet such an interesting man and to learn of the experiences he has had in life and how the experiences has made him who he is today. Well today I was ecstatic to see this:


Source

I am very thankful to 965malls for posting this today and well the passion to do greatness is back. Talking to a few friends I made recently online has also given me some interesting posts that I have to get off my chest and up here for others to read soon I hope.


I have a lot I want to say!!! I have noticed that A LOT of expat blogs amongst the Western community in Kuwait revolve around female writers mainly Expat and the City, Desert Girl and American Girl and I must say they're inspiring in that they say what they want to without being biased by third parties. I wish to thank each and everyone of these ladies for being part of the community in Kuwait.

Expat and the City
"Adventurous, American girl living and working in Kuwait. Supporting our US Troops overseas in the Middle East. I have a sultry Southern drawl, an obsession with Café au Lait and my favorite Louisiana dish is Crawfish Étouffée. Y'all can follow my daily expat life in Kuwait and travels around the world through my Blog, Instagram and Twitter."
Desert Girl (She also covers causes on this blog)
"American semi-Kuwaiti living, working, eating, boating, and observing in Kuwait. Born in America, but raised with Kuwaitis, I get culture shock on both continents. No one understands me, but my dog, and she still gives me strange looks once in a while. I do not accept payment for advertising; I won't entertain the thought. If I think your product or service is worthy of discussion, I will post about it. If I help you, you can send me pink roses. If you are interested in reading about the Bedoun cause in Kuwait, see my posts which are tagged "Bedoun Civil Rights Movement"."

American Girl
"I’m a happily married woman who loves life and all it has to offer. I attempt to follow my dreams and embrace every experience — the good and the bad. Everything in life is a gift just sometimes in ugly wrapping. Being a ‘good’ person truly matters to me and I attempt to make positive changes every step of the way. I sometimes succeed… others not so much.
My life in the Middle East is filled with great friends, valuable people, experiences no other place on earth could offer, happiness, pain, deserts, cities, and personal growth. I’m proud to be an American, but comfortable knowing I’m capable of moving to the other side of the world and creating serenity and bonds which can never be broken.
I’m an experienced international business law and personnel advisor, focusing on cultural diversity, organizational development, legislation formation, and change management. Specializing in United States and GCC labor laws and employee rights. A training innovator and seasoned facilitator who has designed and implemented highly-recognized programs to cultivate leadership, retention, strategy provisions, communication, and problem resolution.
Keeping people fundamentally happy and gainfully employed really is my business.
My personal life and professional life go hand in hand in many ways. I love people and firmly believe we’re all equals and should be treated as such.
When I’m not getting paid to advise government entities and corporations how to implement fairness and equality in the workplace, I’m writing. It’s also my passion."

I know that there are many more bloggers out there and surely I will get to meet more unique people and read up about lives of others who are happy in their lives and I am happy for them.

P.S. I hope the bloggers mentioned above don't mind me mentioning them in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment